Test Administrators must agree to administer the standardized tests according to the publisher’s requirements.
Below is information regarding requirements of each of the standardized tests offered by Seton Testing Services.
- Requirements & Security
- Testing Products
- Getting Started
- Testing Step-by-Step
- Standardized Test Comparison Chart
Security involves procedures for shipping, receiving, storing, disseminating, and controlling test materials. Test security is essential for the protection of the integrity of all standardized tests and all tests in general. All test administrators must abide by these rules in order to protect the integrity and validity of the test and the testing session.
- Test materials must be stored in a secure, locked area when not in use and only be handled by the test administrator and authorized personnel.
- Students should not be left alone with testing materials at any time.
- Test materials should not be reproduced in any way.
- Test administrators should not discuss test content or use it for review, practice or demonstration.
- Test administrators must be prepared and familiar with test directions before entering any test session.
- Test administrators must follow the procedures in the Directions for Administration and adhere to any time constraints based on the guidelines of the test.
- Test administrators must return all the materials via a trackable and insured shipping method to Seton Testing Services after the testing session.
Seton carries nationally normed standardized achievement tests, practice tests, online diagnostic tests, and other assessment materials to meet your needs for grades K-12.
- We offer year-round testing & scoring services.
- Home schools & private schools can use ALL of our testing services and products.
- Public schools can use the TerraNova/CAT 6, the Let’s Go Learn reading & math diagnostic tests, and any of our test prep products.
- ALL of our tests can be done on flexible days EXCEPT Stanford Online which is given on Mondays & Tuesdays or Wednesdays & Thursdays.
Here is a list of the tests that we provide:
ITBS® Form A / Complete Battery
ITED® Form A / Complete Battery
ITED® Form A with Interest Explorer™
Cognitive Abilities Test™ (CogAT) Form 6
IOWA Tests Form E
Cognitive Abilities Test™ Form 7 (CogAT 7)
CAT/ Survey Edition
TerraNova 2/ CAT 6 Complete Battery with Plus Test
TerraNova 2/ CAT 6 Survey with Plus Test
Stanford 10 Online Test
Let’s Go Learn™
For a complete description and to place your order, visit our individual product pages by clicking the links above.
Getting Started on How to Decide which Standardized Test to Order
Get the grade level test for the grade the student is currently in or has just recently completed according to a traditional school-year calendar.
If you are trying to determine your child’s grade level placement, please see our diagnostic online assessments for reading and math.
The IOWA Form A, Form E, and TerraNova/CAT 6 are the only standardized tests we offer that are available for all the grades K-12.
Grades K – 2: Your only options are the IOWA Form A, Form E, or the TerraNova/CAT 6.
Whoever administers either of the IOWA tests must have a bachelor’s degree. No degree is required to administer the TerraNova/CAT 6.
Grades 3 – 12: If you prefer an online test, an option for 3rd* – 12th grade is the Stanford Online.
*3rd grade testing for the Stanford Online is only available from January 1 – July 31.
Grades 4 – 12: You could use any of our standardized tests.
For further differences between the tests and possible state restrictions, please see our Test Comparison Charts.
There are special ordering steps and discounts for schools and groups.
Testing 1-2-3 Overview
Step 1: Order the test.
Step 2: Administer the test.
Step 3: Return the test to Seton for scoring.
1. For paper tests, you order the standardized test and Seton ships it to you with test directions.
How to Order a Standardized Test
For school/group ordering, click the following link for Schools & Groups.
Seton Testing Services is here to help you every step of the way.
BEFORE You Order
Step 1: Review our Getting Started tab, Test Comparison Charts, and product description pages to decide which test is right for your students.
Step 2: Chat with one of our Testing Consultants over the phone (800-542-1066) or online if you are still unsure of what to order. They will be glad to answer any questions you may have about the tests, test prep materials, or the testing policies.
Step 3: Order online 3 weeks to 5 months before your desired test date at the product pages for the IOWA Form A or Form E, CAT, TerraNova/CAT 6, Stanford Online, or CogAT. You may also call us at 800-542-1066 and we will be glad to help you with placing your order every step of the way. We ship tests about 2 weeks before your beginning test week.
AFTER You Receive the Test Materials
Step 1: Open your testing packet immediately and review your packing list/invoice to make sure all materials are present. Keep materials in a secure location until you are ready to administer the test.
Step 2: Follow the directions for administering the test within the 14-day, 21-day, or 30-day rental period for the test.
Step 3: After administering the test, follow the instructions contained in your Test Administration Directions for packaging the answer documents.
Step 4: Return ALL the answer documents and testing materials back to Seton Testing IMMEDIATELY via a trackable & insurable shipping method. Return shipping is the customer’s responsibility. Materials should be returned in their original condition to:
1350 Progress Drive
Front Royal, VA 22630
- Once your IOWA or TerraNova/CAT 6 tests are scored, results can be found in your user account created online at SetonTesting.com.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for scoring of the ITED® when ordered with the Interest Explorer™.
- CAT E/Survey test results will be mailed to you and can be found in your online user account.
Nationally Normed Standardized Achievement Tests
Standardized tests are meant to show proof of progress. They are not pass/fail tests. The test results show how your student compares nationally to other students in the same grade level who took the same test at the same time of year (Fall, Midyear, or Spring) when the test was first normed.
*July 1-February 28 ONLY: To test sooner that 3 weeks out for the IOWA, CogAT, and TerraNova/CAT 6, do the following: After selecting the earliest test week, in the comments box just above the “Place Order” button, say: “SEND IMMEDIATELY.”
March 1-June 30: IOWA, CogAT, and TerraNova/CAT 6 orders placed over the phone or online cannot be moved up and will ship for your testing date.
This applies to walk-in customers also.
The Stanford 10 Online orders can be moved up to an earlier test date all year-round. If you are requesting an earlier test date than is allowed at check out, in the comments box indicate the dates you actually want to test. Stanford test dates can be moved up until Thursday 5:00 PM the week before for the next week at no additional charge. After 5pm on Thursday, Stanford orders placed for the next week or Monday morning Stanford orders placed for the same testing week cost an additional $25. In the comments box at check-out, you can give us permission to charge your credit card for the additional fee or you can call us toll free at 888-766-0029 to confirm.
**Product cannot be shipped until the Test Agreement is signed.