The Interest Explorer™ is a career guidance and counseling instrument designed to help students make wise educational and career-planning decisions. It provides data about students’ interests or aptitudes in 14 career areas that are directly linked to the most recent publications of the Department of Labor, including the Guide for Occupational Exploration (GOE).
The Interest Explorer™ must be taken with the ITED® (IOWA Test of Educational Development® Form A) for Grades 9-12, Levels 15-18. B.A. or B.S. degree required for administration.
How the Interest Explorer™ Evaluates
Students are asked to respond to a number of activity-related statements representing a wide range of occupations. These statements survey students’ preferences in careers, school subject areas, and general opportunities (such as working with others). The Interest Explorer™ is designed to assist all students in developing more awareness about how their interests relate to future education and to possible careers. Career areas assessed are:
- Animals and Plants
- Business Services
- Computer Technology
- Customer Services
- Educational and Social Services
- Engineering Technology
- Legal Services
- Management and Administration
- Mechanical and Craft Technology
- Medical Sciences
- Physical and Life Sciences and Mathematics
- Protective Services
Administration & Completion
- Grades 9-12 can be tested together.
- Testing time is approximately 45 minutes.
- The Interest Explorer™ Test must be taken with the ITED® (IOWA Test of Educational Development® Form A) Grades 9-12, Levels 15-18.
- Test can only be machine scored.
- Please allow 6 to 8 weeks for ITED®/Interest Explorer™ Test Results.
- Tests will not be scored until all test materials are returned and lost/late/damaged fees have been paid.
Tests must be returned to Seton by August 15, 2019 in order to be scored.