The Algebra Placement Test
The Online Algebra Placement Test (APT) is a quick and easy way to see if your student is ready for Algebra I. Based on our 25 years of testing experience, Seton’s APT has helped thousands of families analyze their children’s likelihood for success in Algebra I.
The test is simple to take. The results are immediate and accurate.
The key to the test’s forecasting accuracy is twofold:
- First, it covers nineteen key concepts essential for success in Algebra I.
- Second, Seton’s predictive ability is based on correlating thousands of test results with students’ actual course experience.
Your test results will instantly provide you with valuable insight to help you determine your child’s likelihood of success in the course.
When your student submits his or her test, an easy-to-understand analysis will instantly pinpoint any concepts that need further study and display sample problems and solutions.
For your convenience, Test Results reference the lesson in the Saxon Algebra ½ textbook that teaches each of the nineteen concepts covered in the APT.
Please note that although Test Results will show the likelihood of success in the course, it is not a guarantee. Success is ultimately based on hard work and study.
The 19 Key Concepts covered by the Algebra Placement Test
|1. Fractional Equations
2. Division Rule for Equations
3. Subtraction and Multiplication of Signed Numbers
4. Addition-Subtraction Rule for Equations
5. Percent Word Problems
6. Addition & Subtraction of Mixed Numbers & Fractions
7. Addition-Subtraction & Multiplication Rules for Equations
8. Variables and Evaluation
9. Symbols of Inclusion
10. Least Common Multiple
|11. 2-Step Equations with Fractions
12. Word Problems with Ratios
13. Ratio and Proportion
14. Simplifying Equations
15. Rules for Addition and Signed Numbers
16. Percent Word Problems & Visualizing Percents Less than 100
17. Exponents and Signed Numbers
18. Rate Word Problems
19. Evaluation with Signed Numbers
Is the Algebra Placement Test timed?
The test is not timed. The test should only take approximately 1 hour to complete.
What Happens After I Order the Test?
Seton will send you an email with a link to access the test online. The email should arrive in your inbox within 2 hours.
Scoring Reports and Results
Results are immediate and will be accessible through your email link.