|Let’s Go Learn||DORA Phonemic Awareness|
Seton Testing Services has partnered with Let’s Go Learn® to bring you the DORA Phonemic Awareness Online Assessment.
By the time children are between three and four years old, they have learned most of the approximately 40 phonemes (discrete sounds in words) which comprise the English language. The ability to hear and manipulate these discrete sounds in spoken words is referred to as “phonemic awareness.” Children demonstrate their phonemic awareness by segmenting words into individual sounds (i.e., /fi sh/ into /f/-/i/-/sh/), deleting sounds in words, blending sounds, and adding or substituting sounds in one word to make new words.
Phonemic awareness is an oral ability. Children who have good phonemic awareness can often recognize/decode words and spell/write better than others. DORA Phonemic Awareness is available for a thorough assessment of oral phonemic awareness skills. The Phonemic Awareness Assessment was designed to give teachers and parents an indication of which students struggle with distinguishing and manipulating phonemes in words, show proficiency in phonemic awareness tasks, or exhibit extraordinary facility with phonemes. This assessment can be used to screen or diagnose students who need further work on phonemic awareness tasks and students who may be at risk for reading difficulties so that early intervention with those particular students can be efficiently implemented.
Specific phonemic awareness categories tested include:
(These are auditory tasks on which the student is assessed.)
- Administration at any time
- Stand-alone phonemic awareness assessment
- Measures nine phonemic awareness skills
- Uses only auditory processing skills during the assessment
- Interactive technology keeps students motivated and engaged during the assessment
- Reports available instantly upon completion in your Let’s Go Learn® account
- Reports are easy to read and understand, and contain usable diagnostic information
- Available for international use!
- Begin by logging into your Seton Testing account, or creating an account if you do not have one.
- Add desired tests to cart and complete checkout process.
- Perform system check to verify that Adobe Flash is installed & your computer’s audio is working. Also adjust your audio volume.
- Receive email from Seton Testing and follow step-by-step instructions to access test through Let’s Go Learn®.
How to Order Let’s Go Learn tests
- No scheduling — can be taken immediately upon purchase, day or night
- No expiration — test can be purchased in advance and taken any time
- Test is un-timed. Estimated completion: ½-1 hour
- Administrator Getting Started Instructions
How to Get Started with Let’s Go Learn
- Place your order online at SetonTesting.com or by phone at 540-636-1250 or 800-542-1066.
- Seton accepts MasterCard, Visa, and Discover Card.
- To place an order for the Let’s Go Learn® Diagnostic tests, you must create a user account.
- All orders are subject to approval by Seton Testing Services.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- The DORA Phonemic Awareness test is delivered to your student in an online format. Please view computer specifications.
- Score reports should be available online immediately upon test completion in your Let’s Go Learn® Account.
Cancellations and Refunds
- You may cancel your order up to 30 days after placing it and receive a full refund for any unused test.
- You will receive a refund based on the pricing policy in effect at the time.